Step (1): Types of Communities
Provide a defining paragraph (3-4 sentences) for each noted community.
Types of Communities: There are (3) notable types of communities
Rural, Urban and Suburban
Step (2): Community as sociological construct
· Provide a summary of the type of community you currently reside in; provide examples on how you came to your conclusion, based on the definition(s) provided in step 1.
· Provide a defining paragraph (3-4 sentences) for each noted social structure within the community your currently reside in.
A social structure within a community is usually defined as
Culture, Norms, Values, Status
Step (3): Bartle – Dimensions of Community
Dimensions of Community – a healthy community is a place to live where the citizens:
· Economic, Social, Physical, Cultural, and Spiritual needs are met.
· Work together for mutual enhancements.
· Contribute to creating a healthier/improved future.
Step (4): U.S. Census Bureau
U.S. Census Bureau:
Attach a copy of the July 1, 2021, US Census Population Estimates based on the community you currently reside in
· Bartle (2011) – WHAT IS COMMUNITY? A Sociological Perspective
· Bartle (2011) – Community Characteristics
· Community Tool Box (2018) – Chapter 3, Section 2. Understanding and Describing the Community
· Bowling Together – An Interview with Robert Putnam
· Pew Research Center (2015) – Race and Social Connections – Friends, Family and Neighborhoods