Answer each question thoroughly.
1. How would you explain the concept of operations management to your children? They are 8 and 10 years old. Provide an example they would understand.
2. You are the operations manager at the Los Arms Hotel. During an accreditation review by the AAA, you are asked how you select suppliers and measure supplier performance. As you begin to take out your performance charts, the lead examiner tells you to put them away and speak from the heart. What do you say?
3. Your company is applying for a state sponsored quality award, and the application requires a 200-word ethics statement from the operations management department. You are asked to submit one. What does it say?
4. Your CFO reads an article in an airline magazine about the changes happening in global logistics. Upon her return to the office, she asks you for a brief report on the state of global logistics. What do you write?
5. You are the CEO of your own toy company. Your business is expanding, and you realize that it is time to hire an operations manager. What quantitative and qualitative traits would you look for in hiring for this important position? Write the job descriiption that includes these traits.